Sunday, March 16, 2008

For You, Erin :)

In Honor of this being St. Patrick's Day weekend, and the fact that my friend Erin mentioned last night that I haven't blogged in awhile, and she is a proud Irish (democratic, Red Sox, Pats fan) woman, I figured I would dedicate this post to her and make it green! Friend, I miss you!

Let's see ... I have had one of the best weekends that I've had in awhile. Let's start with Friday night. I had to cancel a dinner date with my roommate because I had a chance to go to the Sabres game against the Carolina Hurricanes - and we WON 7-1!!!! After the game, I met up with a some friends at Loughrins for a few drinks. That turned into a late night breakfast with a friend at Denny's catching up on our clinicals that we just finished. On Saturday, my best friend came up to visit me and we had a girls night! We did some wedding planning for her, had a few drinks, and some heart-to-hearts! Sunday started at church (Palm Sunday) and then the two of us went out otobreakfast at Manhattan Bagel (delicious) and then headed to Kohls. ... Lots of money later, we each walked out with a large bag full of new clothes and matching wallets! She just left to head back to Erie and I decided I'd blog :)

Plans are in the works for the next 18 or so months of my life ... but I'll leave it at that for now until plans become more solidified ... but suffice it to say that I've been thinking about where I'll be and think I've come up with a few good options!

I've put in 1 of 9 weeks into my last clinical ever!! That seems ridiculous and fabulous all at the same time. I've been enjoying my time there - it's a change from working with little kiddos but many of my patients are older versions of my kiddos so it's the same diagnosis population, which is good and I am comfortable around this population. Right now I'm working a 4 day week (Tues - Fri) with two days (Tues and Thurs) being 12 hour days. However, those 12 hour days really go by fast. My plans are to take my Mondays and begin to study for my boards. Wish me luck with that!!

My next post will be after I am officially an aunt ... and I need to put the finishing touches on my niece's cross-stitch so it is finished before she comes (due date: March 28th ... Aunt Julie's predicted date: March 18th ... Mommy's predicted date: March 21) We'll see what happens!

Have a fabulous day and an Blessed Easter! Erin ... here you go :) I hope you enjoyed reading!

Love you all,
Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm also really proud that I fall asleep in the car... don't forget that!
Love, Erin